Making Vanilla Bavarois
|Castor sugar||50 Gram|
|Full fat milk||180 Milliliter|
|Vanilla pod||1 Medium|
|Gelatin leaf||4 Medium (Soaked in cold water)|
|Double cream||250 Milliliter|
|For the garnish|
|Whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (As needed)|
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan.
2. Split the vanilla pod into half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds and add to the milk. Also add the pod itself to the milk. Let it stand for a while.
3. Soak the gelatine in a bowl of cold water.
4. Separate the eggs, putting the yolks into a clean bowl and saving the whites for another use.
5. Add the sugar to the bowl. Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until they become thick and creamy and pale in color.
6. Place the milk over a low heat and bring it to a boil.
7. When the milk is almost boiling, remove from the heat and carefully pour over the egg mixture, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
8. Now, pour the mixture back into the saucepan over low heat. Keep stirring with the spoon until the mixture begins to thicken slightly until it coats the back of your spoon. (Do not allow the mixture to boil)
9. Remove from the heat.
10. Take the leaf gelatin between your fingers and squeeze out all the excess water and place it in the mixture. Stir to dissolve.
11. Pass the mixture through a fine strainer into a clean bowl. Allow it to cool. Then, refrigerate for a while.
12. Lightly whisk the double cream to form soft peaks.
13. When the mixture in the fridge is almost about to set, remove the vanilla bavarois from the refrigerator and gently fold in the whisked cream. Mix well.
14. Ladle into the molds and return to the fridge for about 2 hours.
15. When ready to serve, turn out the vanilla bavarois into serving plates.
16. Garnish with a little whipped cream and a sliced strawberry.
To remove the vanilla bavarois from their molds, carefully run a point of a small knife around the inside of the top edge. Then, stand the mold in a shallow bowl of hot water for a few moments. Turn onto a plate, give it a gentle shake.
Do not throw away the empty vanilla pod. Wash and dry it in a very low oven for about 1 hour and use as a garnish or to make vanilla sugar.