|Vanilla wafer crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, melted|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed peppermint candy||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crushed peppermint candy||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Combine the vanilla wafer crumbs and sugar together and butter. With a fork, mix well.
3) Onto the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan, press the mixture and bake in preheated oven for about 8 minutes.
4) Allow to cool on a wire racj and line the sides of the pan with vanilla wafers. Set preparation aside.
5) Combine the gelatin and cold water together and let it stand for 5 minutes.
6) In a small saucepan, combine together 3.4 cup crushed peppermint candy, milk and salt. Cook over low flame till the candy has dissolved, occasionally stirring.
7) Remove from the heat and add gelatin, stirring constantly till it has dissolved properly.
8) Chill the mixture till it has set partially, which usually takes about 35 minutes.
9) Beat the whipping cream till soft peaks form and fold it into the chilled mixture. Pour into the springform pan which was wafer-lined.
10) Chill for a minimum of 5 hours.
11) Serve chilled. If preferred, garnish with whipped cream or sprinkle before additional crushed peppermint candy before serving.