|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned peach halves||12|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Sieve in flour with sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. Using two knives or pastry blender, rub butter into cornmeal consistency and use to dot the sides and bottom of a 9 inch greased cake pan.
4. Arrange the peaches on the dough, with cut sides facing upwards.
5. Prepare a mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar and use it to sprinkle on peach halves. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Mix egg yolks with cream. Top the peaches and allow to bake for half an hour more or till cake turns brown.
7. Cool and serve with whipped cream.