Strawberry Bavarian Pie
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Quick Or Old Fashioned, Uncooked)|
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), melted|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), crushed|
|Evaporated milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), chilled|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a bowl combine brown sugar and oats and stir in melted butter. Blend well.
2) Take a deep pie plate (9 1/2 x 2 inches) and spread half of the oats mixture on it. Use the back of a spoon to press the mixture firmly against the sides and base of the plate.
3) Place the plate in the refrigerator and chill.
4) In a small bowl take 1/2 cup cold water and soften gelatin in it.
5) Now, beat egg yolks, sugar and 1/4 cup water till soft and fluffy. Add couple of drops of red food coloring, if desired.
6) Mix the softened gelatin in the egg mixture.
7) Put the mixture in a saucepan (can use a boiler) and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
8) Allow the mixture to cool until gelatin is completely dissolves and the mixture acquires a thick consistency.
9) Stir in lemon juice and strawberries.
10) Now in a separate bowl. whisk egg whites to soft peaks. Also whisk chilled evaporated milk until stiff.
11) Fold beaten egg whites and evaporated milk into the strawberry mixture.
12) Pour this into the pie plate over the oats mixture. Drizzle the remaining oats mixture on top and chill.
13) Serve chilled with strawberries.