Eggplant With Red Cabbage
|Eggplant||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 large size)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sliced red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced marjoram/1 teaspoon dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
1. Peel the eggplant and slice it into rounds.
2. Salt both sides and stand the slices in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse the slices, squeeze out the moisture, and pat them dry.
4. Dice the eggplant.
5. Heat about 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet.
6. Stir-fry the eggplant until it begins to wilt, about 5 minutes, adding another tablespoon of oil when needed.
7. Add the garlic and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring often.
8. Add the cabbage, marjoram, another tablespoon of oil, and salt and pepper to your taste.
9. Continue to stir-fry until the cabbage is tender but not mushy, about 10 minutes.
10. If it is needed, use the last tablespoon of oil.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 778 Calories from Fat 551
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g96.1%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 74.9 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 29.4 g117.4%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 67.9% Vitamin C 211.7%
Calcium 45% Iron 87.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet