Eggplant With Red Cabbage
|Eggplant||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 large size)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Sliced red cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced marjoram/1 teaspoon dried marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
1. Peel the eggplant and slice it into rounds.
2. Salt both sides and stand the slices in a colander to drain for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse the slices, squeeze out the moisture, and pat them dry.
4. Dice the eggplant.
5. Heat about 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet.
6. Stir-fry the eggplant until it begins to wilt, about 5 minutes, adding another tablespoon of oil when needed.
7. Add the garlic and cook 5 minutes longer, stirring often.
8. Add the cabbage, marjoram, another tablespoon of oil, and salt and pepper to your taste.
9. Continue to stir-fry until the cabbage is tender but not mushy, about 10 minutes.
10. If it is needed, use the last tablespoon of oil.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature.