1. Start oven, set at Moderate, 350° F.
2. Have the butcher bone the pork shoulder. Wipe the meat with a clean, damp cloth, both outside and inside the pocket made by boning. Mix the salt, pepper and flour and rub it all over the outside of the meat.
3. Fill sauerkraut into the pocket. Skewer the edges together, or roll and tie the roast.
4. Place it in a shallow roasting pan and roast at the rate of 35 minutes per pound. Baste every 30 minutes with drippings in the pan. Remove to a warmed serving platter.
5. Make the Brown Gravy with drippings in the pan.