German Chocolate Brownies
|Butter stick||4 Ounce|
|Sweet baking chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small saucepan over very low heat or in a microwave, melt 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter and chocolate together; set aside to cool to room temperature. Grease a 9-inch square pan. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs until thick and lemon colored. Gradually heat in granulated sugar and vanilla.
3. With a wire whisk, fold in melted chocolate mixture and flour mixture until batter is well blended, scraping down side of bowl frequently with a rubber spatula. Turn batter into prepared pan, leveling surface.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until center is firm and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove pan to a rack and let cool 30 minutes.
5. When brownies have cooled, in a small saucepan, bring remaining 1/2 stick butter, brown sugar, and cream to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in pecans and coconut. Spread topping over brownie layer in pan. Cut into 16 squares and serve warm; or axil, wrap well, and refrigerate.