|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, honey, and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, doves, allspice, and salt and beat in on low speed until dough is smooth, scraping down side of bowl frequently with a rubber spatula. Fold in chopped fruit and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour, until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Between pieces of wax paper, roll out dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut out cookies with a 2 1/2-inch cutter. Reroll scraps to make additional cookies. If rolled dough is difficult to handle, place in freezer 15 to 20 minutes before cutting.
4. Place cookies 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheers. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies cool 2 minutes on sheets, then remove to racks and let cool.
5. Meanwhile, prepare a glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Brush glaze over warm cookies and let stand at room temperature until glaze is dry and cookies have cooled completely. Store in a tightly covered container.