Roast Pork Bavarian
|Pork loin||1 (14 Chop Size)|
|Sauerkraut||1 Can (10 oz), drained and chopped|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Slightly Dry)|
|Apple||1 Medium, diced|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, minced|
|Poultry seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown pork gravy||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place meat on board with rib-ends up, meat side toward you. Slit each chop clear through to bone to make pocket for stuffing.
2. Mix sauerkraut, crumbs, apple, raisins, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, caraway seeds and pepper in large bowl; pack about 1/2 cup into each pocket. Tie roast with string.
3. Place, fat-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. If using meat thermometer, insert point in center of meat without touching bone.
4. Roast in a slow oven (325°), allowing 30 to 35 minutes per pound, or about 3 hours in all. Thermometer should register 170°.
5. Place roast on heated serving platter; cut away the string. Carve into chops.