German Sweet Chocolate Cake
|German's sweet chocolate||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cake flour/2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 , stiffly beaten|
1. Place chocolate in 1-quart casserole. Heat on Full Power for 3 to 4 minutes, or until melted. Stir halfway through heating time. Stir in water. Blend well.
2. Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl. Add egg yolks, one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Blend in chocolate and then vanilla.
3. Sift together flour, soda, and salt.
4. Add sifted mixture alternately with buttermilk to chocolate mixture, beating after each addition. Fold in egg whites.
5. For each layer: Pour 1/3 of batter into 9 x 2-inch round dish lined with waxed paper. Cook on Cook Level 7 for 7 1/2 to 9 1/2 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with finger. Turn quarter-turn halfway through cooking time. Repeat with remaining layers.