German Sweet Chocolate Cake
|German's sweet chocolate||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cake flour/2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 , stiffly beaten|
1. Place chocolate in 1-quart casserole. Heat on Full Power for 3 to 4 minutes, or until melted. Stir halfway through heating time. Stir in water. Blend well.
2. Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl. Add egg yolks, one at a time. Beat well after each addition. Blend in chocolate and then vanilla.
3. Sift together flour, soda, and salt.
4. Add sifted mixture alternately with buttermilk to chocolate mixture, beating after each addition. Fold in egg whites.
5. For each layer: Pour 1/3 of batter into 9 x 2-inch round dish lined with waxed paper. Cook on Cook Level 7 for 7 1/2 to 9 1/2 minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed with finger. Turn quarter-turn halfway through cooking time. Repeat with remaining layers.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5488 Calories from Fat 2111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 238 g366.3%
Saturated Fat 136.9 g684.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1224.2 mg408.1%
Sodium 2843.7 mg118.5%
Total Carbohydrates 781 g260.4%
Dietary Fiber 42.6 g170.5%
Sugars 444.6 g
Protein 89 g177.3%
Vitamin A 129.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 40.6% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet