German Potato Salad With Parsley
|Potatoes||2 Pound, pounded (6 Medium Sized Ones)|
|Bacon slices||6 , chopped|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||10 3⁄4 Ounce, condensed (1 Can)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Pierce potatoes with fork in several places; arrange in circular pattern on microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 10 minutes or until tender, rearranging potatoes once during cooking. Let stand while preparing sauce.
2. Place bacon in 3-quart microwave-safe casserole. Cover with paper towel; microwave on high 4 minutes or until crisp, stirring once during cooking. Remove to paper towels, reserving drippings in casserole.
3. Stir onion and celery into bacon drippings. Cover with lid; microwave on high 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring once during cooking.
4. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth, vinegar, sugar and pepper. Cover; microwave on high 5 minutes or until boiling, stirring twice during cooking.
5. Meanwhile, peel potatoes if desired; cut potatoes into cubes. Stir into broth mixture; stir in bacon. Sprinkle with parsley; serve warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1056 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.3 mg3.4%
Sodium 1088.3 mg45.3%
Total Carbohydrates 233 g77.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.1 g96.4%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 28 g55.4%
Vitamin A 56.3% Vitamin C 377.4%
Calcium 20.1% Iron 59.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet