German Style Pork Patties
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Plain dried bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), divided (Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Plain dried bread crumbs||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Sauerkraut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Applesauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned ready-to-serve low-sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon-style mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat broiler. In medium mixing bowl combine pork, all but 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, the sauerkraut, applesauce, onion, and caraway seed, mixing well. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties and arrange on rack in broiling pan.
2. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the remaining bread crumbs evenly over patties. Broil 5 inches from heat source, until patties are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Turn patties over; sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs. Broil until patties are cooked through, about 5 minutes longer.
4. While patties are broiling prepare sauce. In small saucepan combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve cornstarch. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
5. To serve, on serving platter arrange patties and top with horseradish-honey mixture.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 854 Calories from Fat 461
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.9%
Saturated Fat 18.5 g92.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg54.4%
Sodium 765.1 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 46 g92.4%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet