Hot German Potato Salad With Bacon
|Green onions||6 , sliced|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Sliced cooked potatoes||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
1. Arrange bacon in a single layer in 3-quart (13 x 9) glass baking dish.
2. Microwave for 7 to 10 minutes on HIGH, or until bacon is crisp. Crumble bacon; set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon drippings; pour into 2-quart glass casserole. Add onions and green pepper.
3. Microwave for about 2 minutes on HIGH, or until vegetables are partly cooked. Stir in vinegar and seasonings. Add beaten egg; mix well.
4. Microwave for 1 minute on med.high (Roast). Stir well and continue cooking for about 30 to 60 seconds on med.high (Roast), or until slightly thickened. Stir in potatoes and crumbled bacon. Cover with glass lid.
5. Microwave for 8 to 10 minutes on med.high (Roast), or until hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1029 Calories from Fat 110
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 225.2 mg75.1%
Sodium 2420.9 mg100.9%
Total Carbohydrates 193 g64.4%
Dietary Fiber 38.3 g153.3%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 42 g83.7%
Vitamin A 67.5% Vitamin C 236.2%
Calcium 55.6% Iron 368.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet