|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped candied fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs) (diced lemon and orange peel)|
|Almond extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon (to drizzle on top)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (to sprinkle on top)|
|Cinnamon||1 Tablespoon (to sprinkle on top)|
1. Heat oven to 350°. Scald milk. Mix together scalded milk, sugar, salt, and butter. Cool.
2. Crumble in yeast, and then add 2 cups of the flour and mix. Let rise 2 hours.
3. Add the rest of the flour, and then the eggs, raisins, almonds, candied fruit, almond extract, and brandy.
4. Knead well and form either 1 very large loaf or 4 bread-size loaves. Brush loaves with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Let rise 12 hours.
5. Bake in moderate (350°) oven for 1 hour.