Bavarian Pork And Kraut
|Pork loin chops||2 Pound, cut 1 inch thick (6 Chops)|
|Sauerkraut||2 Pound (2 Packages, From Meat Or Dairy Case)|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Tart apples||2 Medium, quartered, cored, and sliced thin|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Potatoes||6 Small, pared|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Trim all fat from chops. Brown chops slowly in a medium-size frying pan.
2. Empty sauerkraut into a strainer; rinse under cold water; drain well. Combine with caraway seeds in an 8-cup baking dish. Place apple slices in a layer over sauerkraut; top with browned chops.
3. Pour off any fat from frying pan; stir in beer. Heat slowly, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan, to boiling; pour over chops; cover dish.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until chops are tender.
5. While meat bakes, cook potatoes in boiling salted water in a medium-size saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
6. Place chops, sauerkraut, and potatoes on 6 heated serving plates; sprinkle potatoes with parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2708 Calories from Fat 764
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.6%
Saturated Fat 27.8 g138.8%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 626 mg208.7%
Sodium 6576.7 mg274%
Total Carbohydrates 252 g84.1%
Dietary Fiber 51.9 g207.8%
Sugars 52.4 g
Protein 216 g432.6%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 1265.3%
Calcium 81.5% Iron 156.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet