1. Trim all fat from chops. Brown chops slowly in a medium-size frying pan.
2. Empty sauerkraut into a strainer; rinse under cold water; drain well. Combine with caraway seeds in an 8-cup baking dish. Place apple slices in a layer over sauerkraut; top with browned chops.
3. Pour off any fat from frying pan; stir in beer. Heat slowly, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan, to boiling; pour over chops; cover dish.
4. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until chops are tender.
5. While meat bakes, cook potatoes in boiling salted water in a medium-size saucepan 20 minutes, or until tender; drain well.
6. Place chops, sauerkraut, and potatoes on 6 heated serving plates; sprinkle potatoes with parsley.