German Potato Salad
|Potatoes||8 Medium, boiled and peeled|
|Green onions||3 , diced|
|Celery stalk||1 , finely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 , chopped|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||8 , cut into cubes|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, place potatoes with green onions, celery, bell pepper, and celery seed. Set aside.
2) In a non-stick pan, fry the bacon until crisp.
3) Slowly stir in flour, in the bacon, stirring constantly, until thickened.
4) Mix in vinegar, water, and sugar, to the bacon mixture stirring until smooth.
5) Immediately steam the bacon mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
6) Serve the salad warm on a serving plate, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.2%
Saturated Fat 0.46 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg0.8%
Sodium 63 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.6%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 89.1%
Calcium 4% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet