German Potato Salad
|Potatoes||8 Medium, boiled and peeled|
|Green onions||3 , diced|
|Celery stalk||1 , finely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 , chopped|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bacon slices||8 , cut into cubes|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large bowl, place potatoes with green onions, celery, bell pepper, and celery seed. Set aside.
2) In a non-stick pan, fry the bacon until crisp.
3) Slowly stir in flour, in the bacon, stirring constantly, until thickened.
4) Mix in vinegar, water, and sugar, to the bacon mixture stirring until smooth.
5) Immediately steam the bacon mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
6) Serve the salad warm on a serving plate, garnished with chopped parsley if desired.