German Chocolate Cake
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rum extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet cooking chocolate||8 Ounce, melted (Two 4 Ounce Packages)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Fruit nut filling||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chocolate butter frosting||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Grease two 9x9x2-inch pans; line with wax paper; grease paper.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine in large bowl of electric mixer at high speed; add sugar gradually, beating until fluffy. Beat in rum extract and vanilla.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy, then slowly beat in chocolate.
5. Add flour mixture, a third at a time, alternately with milk, stirring with a wire whip or beating with mixer at low speed just until blended. Pour into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 35 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip
7. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes; loosen around edges with a narrow spatula and turn out onto racks; peel off wax paper; cool layers completely.
8. While layers bake and cool, prepare FRUIT-NUT FILLING and CHOCOLATE BUTTER FROSTING.
9. Split each cake layer crosswise, with a long-bladed knife. Put back together, alternately with fruit-nut