German Pancakes With Almond And Raisin
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioner's sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Stand measuring cup of butter in boiling water and let the butter melt. Pour off the melted yellow fat, discarding the milky liquid that settles at the bottom.
2. In a six-cup bowl, using a rotary beater, beat until smooth the eggs, flour, milk, sugar and salt.
3. Heat about two tablespoons of the melted butter in a nine-inch heavy skillet. Sprinkle one tablespoon each almonds and raisins in the pan. Add about one-third cup of the batter and brown over medium heat, about three minutes. Turn to brown on the second side. Remove to a warm plate.
4. Repeat the process until all the nuts, raisins and batter are used, using one tablespoon of the melted butter for each pancake.
5. Cut each pancake into small squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2695 Calories from Fat 1590
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g280.4%
Saturated Fat 89.1 g445.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 979.6 mg326.5%
Sodium 1318.7 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 225 g75.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.1%
Sugars 99.9 g
Protein 59 g118.2%
Vitamin A 94.4% Vitamin C 4.5%
Calcium 61.1% Iron 72.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet