|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||4 Tablespoon (4 Envelopes)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||3 Drop|
|Peppermint oil||3 Drop|
|Anise oil||3 Drop|
|Yellow food color||3 Drop|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
|Red food color||3 Drop|
1) In a saucepan, place together sugar, gelatin, and salt
2) Stream in water and stir.
3) Cook, stirring often, until mixture boils.
4) Simmer for 15 minutes and take the pan away from heat.
5) Spoon 1 1/2 cups of the sugar mixture into a 7x4x2-inches pan.
6) Blend in lemon extract and yellow food coloring.
7) Spoon 1 cup of remaining mixture into each of two other pans.
8) Mix in 2 drops oil of peppermint and green food coloring into one pan and 2 drops oil of anise and red food coloring into remaining.
9) Allow all the mixtures to stand at room temperature overnight, or until firm.
10) Using a knife loosen gelatin in each pan around edges.
11) Turn out on a cutting board sprinkled with sugar.
12) Slice in small squares, roll in sugar and serve.