Tomato juice - 4 cups
Onion - 1/3 cup, chopped
Celery leaves - 1/4 cup, snipped
Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Bay leaves - 2 small
Whole cloves - 4
Unflavored gelatin - 2 envelopes
Lemon juice - 3 tablespoons
Celery - 1 cup, finely chopped
1) In a saucepan, add 2 cups tomato juice, onion, celery, sugar, salt, bay leaves and cloves together.
2) Simmer the mixture uncovered for 5 minutes; strain and keep aside.
3) In a bowl, soften the gelatin in 1 cup cold tomato juice, then dissolve in the hot mixture.
4) Stir in remaining tomato juice and lemon juice; mix thoroughly.
5) Refrigerate until partially set, then stir in the chopped celery.
6) In a 5 1/2-cup ring mold, turn the mixture and refrigerate until firm.
7) Unmold the Tomato Celery Aspic on a platter and serve chilled.