Lemon Gelatin Sponge
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , separated into yolks and whites|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
1. In a small bowl, place egg yolks and beat slightly. Keep aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine egg whites and ¼ cup sugar and stiffly beat. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized pan, place water for boiling.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine remaining sugar, water, gelatin, lemon juice and lemon rind. Mix well and place on hot water.
5. Add egg yolks and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or till mixture thickens. Use a whisk for mixing.
6. Once cooked, remove off flame and fold gently into prepared egg white mixture.
7. Refrigerate in serving bowl till chilled.
8. Serve chipped with custard sauce or flavoured whipped cream.