Piquant Tomato Aspic
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Celery flakes||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion flakes||4 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Season all||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
1) To the cold water, add the gelatin and set it aside to soften.
2) Combine together the celery flakes, tomato juice, bay leaves, onion flakes, cloves, peppercorns, allspice, basil leaves, brown sugar and Season-All in a saucepan.
3) Mix well and bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
4) Strain the mixture and add the lemon juice and softened gelatin. Stir well till the gelatin has melted.
5) Into a ¼-quart mold, pour the mixture.
6) Chill till firm.
7) Remove the Piquant Tomato Aspic from the mold, transfer to a decorative serving platter, garnish with salad green and cottage cheese, and serve as an side course dish or an appetizer.