Soft Frozen Rhubarb Velvet
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sweetened rhubarb puree||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon, grated|
1) In a small pan, mix the honey, gelatin, orange juice and rhubarb together.
2) Allow to stand for a few minutes to soften the gelatin, then stir over a low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
3) In a large bowl, remove the mixture and allow to cool.
4) Then stir in the yogurt and orange peel, refrigerate until chilled.
5) In an ice cube tray, pour the mixture when thoroughly chilled and
freeze for about 1 hour, stirring at an interval of 15 minutes.
6) When the mixture acquires a consistency of soft ice cream, place in the main section of freezer until serving time.
7) Serve in individual small serving plates.
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.7 mg4.9%
Sodium 56.3 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.43 g1.7%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 21.8%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet