Cheesed Tomato Aspic
|Tomato juice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Onion salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (2 Packages, 3-Ounce Each)|
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned evaporated milk||6 Ounce, whipped (1 Can, 2/3 Cup)|
1) In a pan, mix 2 cups tomato juice and seasonings together.
2) Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes, then strain and reserve.
3) Stir the gelatin in 1/2 cup tomato juice to soften, then pour over the hot tomato mixture to dissolve and cool.
4) Soften the cream cheese, then stir in 1 1/2 cups cold tomato juice, blend well.
5) Refrigerate until slightly firm, then fold in the whipped evaporated milk.
6) In a 5 1/2-cup mold, pour the mixture and refrigerate until set.
7) Unmould on a serving platter and serve immediately with the crisp relishes.