Vegetables in Aspic
|Ham slice||1 (Parma / Bayonne Style)|
|Fresh mint leaves||10|
|Radishes||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Olive oil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Aspic jelly powder||80 Gram (2 Packets)|
1. Dissolve the aspic jelly powder in a little lukewarm water. Place a charlotte or similar mould in the freezer for a few minutes.
2. Immerse the tomatoes in boiling water for 10 seconds to peel them, then slice and remove the seeds. Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds with a knife and slice. Cut off the ends of the fennel, wash and dice. Stone the olives. Trim and slice the radishes. Cut the ham into small strips.
3. Place all the ingredients except the ham in a bowl. Pour over the olive oil and lemon juice, season and mix well. Put aside.
4. Meanwhile, hard boil the egg for 10 minutes. Shell and slice. Pour a little of the aspic jelly, half set, into the bottom of the mould and place in the freezer. Wash and dry the mint leaves.
5. At the bottom of the mould place the egg slices, alternating with the mint leaves. Cover with some of the vegetable mixture, leaving a small space in between the sides of the mould and the vegetable mixture. Add a layer of ham and finish with another layer of vegetable mixture. Pour the remaining jelly slowly around the mixture and set in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.