Pasta with Oil and Garlic
|Spaghetti/Linguine / thin vermicelli||8 Ounce (Fresh Or Dried)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm), finely chopped or thinly sliced|
|Chicken stock/Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (Preferably Homemade)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a large pot, bring water to the boil.
2) Add the pasta, stirring.
3) Boil again and cook until the pasta is tender but still firm in the center, 6 to 8 minutes or according to package directions.
4) Drain the pasta and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
5) If pasta is boiled in advance, place in a pan of cold water or in a tightly sealed plastic bag.
6) To make the sauce, heat enough oil to coat the bottom of a large frying pan.
7) Add the garlic and cook over low heat until the garlic turns golden, but not brown.
8) Add the stock and boil it.
9) Boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
10) Keep aside.
11) When ready to eat, bring the liquid back to the boil.
12) Add the well-drained pasta and toss with wooden forks or a pasta spoon until heated through.
13) Add the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and more oil if needed.
14) Serve the pasta with bread.