Choy Sum with Whole Garlic
|Choy sum||1 Pound (500 gram)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Wash choy sum and remove leaves which are discoloured.
2) Remove the edges and cut into bite-sized pieces.
3) Remove the peel of garlic, leave the rest of the pod as it is.
4) Heat oil in wok and fry garlic over simmering heat.
5) Now add oyster sauce and switch off the heat.
6) Poach choy sum by placing it boiling water for only 3 minutes.
7) When it gets completely cooked, it will turn dark green but won't shrink like spinach.
8) Arrange choy sum on warm serving plate, ladle sauce over and serve at once.
Calories 65 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.2%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 177.9 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 2 g4.8%
Vitamin A 101.4% Vitamin C 90.3%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet