Dry Roasted Squid With Garlic Mayonnaise
|Squid||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 gram, 4 large size)|
|Garlic powder||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 dessertspoon)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Calamansi limes||2 Large|
|For garlic mayonnaise|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|White rice vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly squeezed lime juice||To Taste|
|Light virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Clean the squid after washing it thoroughly, discarding the innards and cutting away the eyes and alimentary tract from the head.
2) Cut the squid body open lengthwise.
3) Portion the body into 3 or 4 large slices and score the pieces gently in a small grid pattern, leaving the skin as whole.
4) Remove excess moisture using kitchen towel .
5) Now put in dry dish.
6) In a mixing dish,put all seasoning ingredients together and combine.
7) Only when well-mixed, scatter lightly on the dry squid.
8) For the garlic mayonnaise, process all ingredients while gradually adding dribbles of olive oil.
9) When the mayonnaise thickens,it is ready to be served.Put aside for a little while.
10) Heat a grill pan and lightly brush with olive oil.
11) Put squid on pan.
12) Grill till stiff and firm, turning 2 to 3 times .
13) Serve it with prepared garlic mayonnaise.