Snails with Garlic Butter
|Escargots au natural||7 1⁄2 Ounce (About 215 Grams, Containing 24 Snails, With Shells)|
|Escargots au naturel||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Tin Or 215 Grams, 24 Snails With Shell)|
|For the garlic butter|
|Butter||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Parsley||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste, milled|
1. Preheat oven to 400Â° F.
2. Drain the snails from the tin and wipe; keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, cream the butter until soft.
4. Crush the garlic cloves lightly and peel and puree with knife.
5. Add the pureed garlic, salt and butter; mix.
6. Add the parsley and a seasoning of pepper; mix well.
7. Using a knife, push a little of the garlic butter into each shell individually.
8. With the same knife, push a snail right into the shell and finally seal the entrance of the shell with more garlic butter.
9. On each fireproof snail plates, place 6 shells.
10. Just before serving, place the snail plate in the hot oven for 4-5 minutes until the snails are hot and the butter is bubbling and beginning to brown.
11. Serve immediately with hot French bread.
Calories 411 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.5%
Saturated Fat 22.2 g111.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.6 mg48.2%
Sodium 185.2 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.52 g2.1%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 27%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet