Veal Fricassee with Garlic
|Veal stew meat||1 Pound (1/2-Inch Cubes)|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, minced or pressed|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound (Thin Slices)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Veal stock/Chicken stock / water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, minced|
1) Coat the veal cubes with flour and shake off any excess flour.
2) In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter and fry the veal cubes till golden brown. Strain the fried cubes onto a warm platter.
3) In the same skillet, saute garlic, onions and mushrooms till they turn tender.
4) Strain onto the platter containing veals.
5) Drain off excess oil from the skillet, add white wine and allow it to deglaze, scraping the remaining bits of veal, onion, garlic and mushrooms from the pan.
6) Drop the the plattered veal and vegetables back into the skillet and add stock or water.
7) Cover and cook on low flame for 30 minutes till the veal becomes tender and the sauce has thickened.
8) Before serving, add in cream and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes.
9) Transfer hot onto a serving platter and garnish with minced parsley leaves.
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g76%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g98%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.9 mg51.6%
Sodium 167.4 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 34 g68.2%
Vitamin A 23.8% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 6% Iron 12.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet