Snails In Garlic Butter
|Snails||7 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried chervil leaves||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare several hours before serving.
2. Wash snail shells and drain well on paper towels.
3. Drain snails thoroughly and set aside.
4. In medium bowl, combine butter with remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. In each shell place a little butter mixture—a generous 1/4 teaspoon.
6. Into each shell push a drained snail and cover with more butter mixture.
7. In a flat baking dish or special escargot (snail) dishes arrange filled shells carefully, open ends up, cover and refrigerate.
8. Preheat oven to 400F, bake snails in shells, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes until butter mixture is very bubbly.
9. Serve immediately with garnish as desired.