|Whole garlic head||3 (Plump)|
|Whole heads plump garlic||3|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. With a sharp paring knife, slit the outer skin of each garlic head around the middle.
3. Then peel off the thin outer skin leaving insides intact.
4. In a small baking dish, arrange the garlic heads making them sit on their base.
5. Over each, spoon about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
6. Cover the dish with foil sealing at the edges.
7. Bake the garlic heads slowly in preheated oven for almost 1 1/2 hours or until very soft and almost mushy.
8. Halve each head vertically and serve half per person to spread over toasted bread or crostinis.