1. Wash the shrimp
2. Shell them and remove the vein
3. Dry the veins with paper towels
4. Preheat the broiler
5. In a shallow baking tray, heat the butter and melt it but do not let it brown completely
6. Add in the oil, lemon juice, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper
7. Add the shrimp to the mixture and mix till well-coated
8. Broil under the preheated broiler for 5 minutes while placing the shrimp 3-4 inches away from the heat.
9. Turn and cook on the other side
10. When the shrimps are brown and tender but firm; transfer the shrimp to a serving platter.
11. Tip the prepared sauce over the shrimp
12. Garnish with lemon and serve immediately