|Garlic head||1 Large|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Using a knife cut off approximately 1 /4 inch top of the garlic head.
3) Remove the skin keeping the inside intact.
4) Arrange garlic heads in a small baking dish.
5) Drizzle some olive oil on it.
6) Season with salt and pepper. Bake covered for 30 to 45 minutes.
7) Let stand for sometime to cool.
8) Squeeze garlic on the bread and keep together in a portable container with a lid.
9) Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days. The quantity would be approximately 1/4 cup.
10) Pack in cooler for transporting.
11) Serve cold.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 495.6 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 29.8%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet