Pork Pinwheels with Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
|Leeks||3 , thinly sliced to make 1 cup|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Parmesan Or Romano)|
|Snipped fresh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snipped thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil/Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pork tenderloins||24 Ounce (Two 12 Ounce Pieces)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a medium skillet cook leeks in the 1 tablespoon olive oil till tender; remove from heat.
2. In a blender container or food processor bowl, combine the Parmesan or Romano cheese, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cover and blend or process with several on-off turns till parsley is finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the 3 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil; blend or process to the consistency of soft butter. Add leeks and walnuts; blend with several off-on turns till coarsely chopped. Set aside.
3. Remove fat and paper-thin membrane from surface of tenderloins. Using a sharp knife, cut each tenderloin lengthwise to, but not through, opposite side. Cover a tenderloin with clear plastic wrap. Using flat side of a meat mallet and working from center to edges, pound meat to a 12 x 8-inch rectangle. Remove wrap; repeat with remaining tenderloin.
4. Sprinkle tenderloins lightly with additional salt and pepper. Spread half the parsley mixture evenly over each tenderloin to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up each tenderloin from a short side. Tie rolls with kitchen string, if necessary. Insert a meat thermometer in center of a tenderloin. Place meat, seam side down, on rack in shallow roasting pan.
5. Roast, uncovered, in a 325° oven 45 to 60 minutes or till thermometer registers 160°. Cool 30 minutes at room temperature. Remove strings; cut rolls into slices 1/2 inch thick. Cover and chill.