If you are not confident about how to roast Garlic, then this recipe video is going to teach you the right and simple process. It is an entirely different experience than eating raw or sauteed garlic. Without repeating too much of what I say in the video, roasted garlic is sweet and creamy, nothing like its raw self.
1 Teaspoon (to taste)
Cracked black pepper
1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Take a garlic bulb and remove its outer plastic cover as much as you can. Cut off the top 1/4th inch bulb. This is to ensure that most of the cloves are exposed.
3. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil over it.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Wrap this bulb in a foil and place it on a rimmed baking sheet, cookie sheet or a shallow baking dish.
6. Place this dish in the oven and roast it for around 45 minutes to an hour or until the garlic is golden brown and nice and creamy.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool.
8. Pop the garlic to get a paste which can be used in soup, salad dressing, pasta, hummus or just spread it on a bread.
Have you ever tried your hand with roasted garlic? Yes, it is just awesome in taste and flavor. After roasting, the garlic becomes sweet and creamy, which you can use as a dip or spread. In this video, Dani shows how to roast the garlic in your oven without any effort.