Garlic Lemon Shrimp
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh dill sprigs/2 teaspoons dried dill||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced (Packed)|
|Scallions||3 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Grated lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound|
1. Preheat the broiler or prepare the grill. If broiling, line a broiler pan with foil.
2. In a small saucepan, warm 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat until melted. Add the dill, scallions, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Stir in the lemon juice.
3. If desired, shell and devein the shrimp. Thread the shrimp on skewers (if broiling, place the skewers on the broiler pan) and brush them with some of the garlic-lemon basting mixture.
4. Grill or broil the shrimp 4 inches from the heat until they begin to turn pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the shrimp over, brush with some more basting mixture and broil until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, thoroughly blend the remaining 1 tablespoon butter with the flour. Return the remaining basting mixture to medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add the butter-flour mixture bit by bit, stirring well after each addition, and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Serve the shrimp with the sauce on the side.