Lamb with Roasted Garlic Sauce
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), separated and peeled|
|Canned anchovy fillets||4 , drained|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Leg lamb||4 Pound, trimmed of excess fat (2 Kilogram)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 125 Milliliter)|
|Chicken stock||8 Fluid Ounce (1 Cup Or 250 Milliliter)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
1. Place 4 cloves garlic, anchovy fillets, 1 teaspoon oil and black pepper to taste in a food processor or blender and process to make a smooth paste.
2. Using a sharp knife make several slits in the lamb. Push a little paste into each slit, then rub remaining paste over surface of lamb. Set aside to marinate for 20-30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Place onion, carrot, celery, wine and remaining garlic in a frying pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
4. Place lamb in a baking dish. Pour wine mixture into dish and bake at 180°C / 350°F / Gas 4, adding more wine to keep vegetables moist if necessary, for 1 1/2-2 hours or until lamb is cooked to your liking. Transfer lamb to a large serving platter and keep warm.
5. Skim fat from cooking juices in baking dish. Place juices with vegetables and garlic in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan, stir in stock and bring to the boil over a medium heat, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce reduces and thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Stir in parsley and season to taste with black pepper.