Griddled Garlic and Lemon Squid
|Long grain rice||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Fish stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Squid||8 Ounce, cleaned (225 Gram)|
|Finely grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Rind Grated From 1 Whole Lemon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, crushed|
|Shallot||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Freshly chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear, then place in a saucepan with the stock.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and leave the pan covered so the rice can steam while you cook the squid.
4. Remove the tentacles from the squid and reserve.
5. Cut the body cavity in half. Using the tip of a small sharp knife, score the inside flesh of the body cavity in a diamond pattern. Do not cut all the way through.
6. Mix the lemon rind, crushed garlic and chopped shallot together.
7. Place the squid in a shallow bowl and sprinkle over the lemon mixture and stir.
8. Heat a griddle pan until almost smoking. Cook the squid for 3-4 minutes until cooked through, then slice.
9. Sprinkle with the coriander and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain the rice and serve immediately with the squid.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 701 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 530.9 mg177%
Sodium 881.4 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 50 g100.2%
Vitamin A 48.4% Vitamin C 66.3%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 20.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet