Marinated Chevre With Roasted Garlic
|Goat cheese||1⁄2 Pound (cylinder shaped)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic heads||2 Large, halved horizontally|
1. Cut goat cheese into four rounds and place in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with parsley, thyme, savory, oregano and 1/4 cup (50 ml) of the olive oil. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
3. Brush cut side of garlic with olive oil. Place garlic in baking dish, cut side up, lightly cover with foil and bake 30 minutes until golden and soft to the touch.
4. Cool 5 minutes, then marinate with 1/4 cup (50 ml) of the remaining olive oil, rosemary and savory.
5. Remove cheese from marinade and reserve oil.
6. Place one slice of cheese on a radicchio leaf and garnish with garlic half; drizzle with reserved herbed oil. Repeat for each serving.