Watercress Salad With Beets And Roasted Garlic Crostini
|Beets||3⁄4 Pound (Medium Sized, Red And Golden Ones)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||14 1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Teaspoon, 1/2 Teaspoon For Drizzling)|
|Finely chopped shallot||1 Tablespoon, very finely chopped|
|Fresh orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Baguette slice||8 (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Watercress||1⁄2 Pound, large stems trimmed|
|Peeled diced celery root||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh goat cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° Place the beets in a small baking dish and cover it with foil. Cut off the top third of the head of garlic and set it on a sheet of foil. Drizzle the garlic with olive oil and wrap it in the foil. Bake the beets and garlic until tender, about 1 hour.
2. Peel the beets and cut into wedges. Squeeze the garlic cloves into a bowl and mash with a fork. Stir in 2 teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a bowl, whisk the shallot, orange and lemon juices and vinegar. Stir in the honey until dissolved. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of oil. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the baguette slices on a large baking sheet and drizzle them lightly with olive oil. Bake until the slices are crisp, about 7 minutes. Spread the baguette slices with the mashed garlic.
5. In a large bowl, toss the watercress with the celery root and roasted beets. Add the dressing and toss well. Mound the salad on plates and sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese.