Lebanese Fish Tagine
|Tilapia fillets/Any white fish||3 Medium|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|White onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|For the sauce|
|Tahini paste||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Greek yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄4 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the topping|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Pita bread||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted (chips)|
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. FOR SAUCE: In a bowl mix together the tahini paste, lemon juice, yogurt, garlic, water, cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, mix well. Set aside.
3. In a deep dish or bowl mix flour and 1/2 tsp salt.
4. In a shallow sauce pan, heated to medium heat, add olive oil.
5. Dredge fish in flour, put it in the oil and brown on both sides, or about 2 minutes on each side.
6. Place fish in a casserole dish and pour tahini sauce over it.
7. Bake it in the oven for around 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
8. While the fish is cooking, in a shallow pan, saute the onions in butter for 10 minutes over medium heat until brown caramel color. Set aside.
9. Remove the fish from the oven.
10. In a serving plate, serve the fish garnished with the sautéed onions, pine nuts and parsley with pita chips.