Feeling Ugly: Garlic Chilli Prawns & Pesto Couscous
|Couscous||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Hot water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Courgette/Zucchini||1 Large, diced|
|Cumin||2 Tablespoon (1 - 2 tablespoon)|
|Pesto||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Fresh red chillies||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Lemon||1 , wedged|
1. In a large bowl, add in the couscous and hot water. Cover with saran wrap and let it sit for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a pan, heat the olive oil and sauté onion until soft. Add in the courgette and cook for a few minutes.
3. Season with cumin, salt and pepper. Add in the pesto and mix well, followed by the couscous. Stir well.
4. Recipe follows.
FOR GARLIC CHILI PRAWNS
1. In a pan, heat together olive oil and butter, add in the garlic, red chilli and prawns. Cook for a few minutes, until pink.
2. Serve the couscous along with prawns and lemon wedge.
Calories 551 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.6%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 226.5 mg75.5%
Sodium 689.4 mg28.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet