How to Make Indian Chinese Shrimp Pakora
|Tiger shrimp||1 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|Cooked salad shrimp||1 Pound|
|Spring onions||4 , chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red food color||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or more)|
1. In a blender pulse half of the shrimp. Chop the remaining raw shrimp.
2. In a bowl mix the pulsed shrimp, chopped shrimp and cooked shrimp. Set aside.
3. In another bowl add gram flour and cornstarch. Pour the sauces and mix well add little water at a time and make it into a smooth batter.
4. Put in the coriander and spring onions and mix well. Season with salt to taste and stir to incorporate. Add the food color and mix till evenly colored.
5. Season the shrimp mixture with salt to taste and add a little batter to it. Mix well till all are coated.
6. In a deep frying pan heat oil till hot.
7. In a spoon take some shrimp mixture. Put it in the batter and drop it in the hot oil. Fry till done. Transfer into a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
8. In a serving platter, serve the shrimp pakoras hot with dip of choice.
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.6 mg58.5%
Sodium 931.9 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 19.1% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 11% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet