7 Layer Jalapeno Poppers
|Jalapenos||4 Large, deseeded|
|Chopped black olives||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Colby jack cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Refried beans||8 Ounce (1/2 of an 16 ounce can)|
1. Get the grill hot and ready for grilling the jalapenos.
2. In a bowl, add the cream cheese, green onions, black olives and mix until well combined. Transfer the contents of this cream cheese mixture into a zip lock sandwich bag, remove excess air and seal tightly. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, add the re-fried beans, Colby jack cheese and using a spoon mix until well combined. Transfer the contents of this re-fried beans and cheese mixture into a zip lock sandwich bag, remove excess air and seal tightly. Set aside.
4. On a chopping board, place the jalapenos and using a knife cut the tops off the jalapenos and remove the membranes and seeds.
5. Take the re-fried beans and cheese zip lock bag, snip it in one corner of the bag and pipe it inside each jalapeno one at a time. Make sure the mixture settles at the bottom of each jalapeno.
6. Take the cream cheese zip lock bag, snip it in one corner of the bag and pipe the mixture over the re-fried mixture until it reaches the top.
7. Now take bacon slices and wrap them around the top of each jalapeno. Take a skewer and thread each jalapeno from the bacon slice into the jalapeno mixture and out. Place the jalapenos about 2 inches apart to let the bacon cook completely.
8. Set the skewer on 2 foiled covered bricks placed on a hot grill and grill them, covered for about 15-20 minutes.
9. Serve the 7 layer jalapeno poppers hot with extra cream cheese mixture.
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.7 mg14.9%
Sodium 453.3 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.4%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 26.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet