On the occasion of the Oktoberfest, we suggest a tasty and delicate variant of the renowned tiramisu, dedicated to beer lovers: the beeramisu!
For the syrup
Unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a saucepan, combine the beer (60 ml) and the sugar and let it dissolve.
2. Add the coffee and stir for a few seconds until the alcohol has evaporated.
3. Beat the mascarpone with a rubber spatula until soft now add the heavy cream and fold it into the creamed mascarpone then keep in the fridge.
For the beer Zabaione:
4. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until you have a pale and foamy mixture then we'll add the beer (200 ml) in a thin stream until completely absorbed.
5. Continue to beat in a bain marie for about 10-15 minutes, to pasteurize the eggs until you have a thick custard.
6. Allow the zabaione custard to cool, and then add it to the cream and mascarpone mixture.
7. Start assembling the Beeramisu. Soak the Ladyfingers in the soaking syrup made from beer and coffee and arrange the first layer.
8. Cover with the beer custard and finally sprinkle cocoa powder. Repeat the same for the second layer.
Today we are in a traditional Bavarian café, in Milan, and... guess what? We're celebrating the Oktoberfest! But we won't be drinking this beer, we'll use it for a recipe: the beeramisu. Let's see how to make it.