Chef Walter Staib of City Tavern in Philadelphia makes a dinner salad from Black Forest Ham and Farfalle Pasta.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked al dente
5 Medium, julienned (lean)
Sharp cheddar cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs), julienned
1 Bunch (100 gm)
1. Finely chop red onions and plum tomatoes.
2. Roughly chop basil leaves and finely chop chives.
3. Cook farfalle paste until al dente and mix with olive oil.
4. Julienne ham slices and sharp cheddar cheese.
5. Mix all the ingredients except radicchio in a mixing bowl.
6. On a serving plate arrange radicchio leaves to form cups.
7. Spread the salad into the leaves and serve.