Seafood and Dorot Herbs
|Scallops||4 Large, dry|
|Grape tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butternut squash||1 Large|
|Brussel sprouts||6 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Basil||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot brand cube)|
|Red chili||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot brand cube)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Blanch tomatoes in very hot water for a minute, drop in a bowl of ice and peel the skin.
2. Peel the butternut squash and cut into medium small fine cubes.
3. Julienne some squash into matchstick like sticks.
4. Skin the shrimp leaving the tails on, butterfly them and also skin the scallops.
5. Place the peeled tomatoes in a bowl and mix with olive oil.
6. Add squash cubes into a saucepan of boiling water with salt and let it get tender.
7. Strain the liquid out of the squash, mash and mix it with olive oil.
8. In 2 different pans thaw 5-6 dorot basil cubes and 6 dorot chili cubes to hydrate.
For the salad:
9. Finely chop the brussel sprouts and persimmon, mix them in a bowl along with some parsley.
10. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze over juice of half a lemon.
For cooking the shrimp and scallop:
11. Season scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper.
12. In two separate pans heat a tablespoon of olive oil in each and sear the seasoned scallops and seasoned butterflied shrimps flipping on each side until brown.
13. Add a little wine into the shrimp and squeeze over lemon.
14. On a serving plate spoon butternut squash puree, thawed basil and thawed chili .
15. Arrange scallops, shrimp, the salad, tomatoes and julienned squash and serve.