For making Ragout:
1. In a medium/large pot, bring the beans to boil in salted water with the bay leaves, thyme and the garlic.
2. Once at a boil, turn down to a simmer, cook for about an hour or until the beans are tender and drain some of the excess water that may be left.
3. While the beans are cooking, cut one head of escarole into bite size pieces and wash thoroughly (reserve in cold water).
4. While the beans are cooking, slice the grape tomatoes in half and reserve.
5. Once the beans are finished, add the escarole, tomatoes, herbs, butter and olive oil and continue to cook on low heat until the escarole is tender.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
For making Polenta Crusted Shrimp:
7. Heat a sauté pan on medium heat.
8. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper on both sides and press into the raw, seasoned polenta.
9. Once the pan is hot coat it with olive oil, place the shrimp in the pan with polenta-side down and cook for about 1 minute or so and then flip the shrimp to cook the other side.
10. When the shrimp is just about finished, add a tablespoon of butter and some chopped parsley.
11. Remove the shrimp from the pan and place on a dry towel to absorb any excess liquid/butter.
12. In a large serving platter, place the polenta crusted shrimp on top of the ragout polenta-side up and serve.