Potato and Meat Casserole
|White onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef chuck/Beef||1 Pound, cut into small cubes|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Bell pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Chilli pepper||1 Medium, seeded, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled, diced|
|Peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled, diced|
|Oregano||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Cumin||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Black pepper powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted, sliced (Optional)|
|Eggs||4 Medium, hardboiled, sliced|
|Potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), boiled, mashed|
|Paprika||To Taste (to sprinkle on top)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare the ingredients according to the list.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the onion and cook for about 8 minutes or until softened and translucent.
4. Put the meat and mix well. Cook for a few minutes and add the garlic and parsley. Mix well and cook until the meat is almost all cooked through.
5. Add the bell pepper, chili pepper, carrots, peas (if using) and tomatoes. Mix well.
6. Season with oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well and bring to a simmer.
7. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tomatoes are stewed and have rendered some juice. Turn off the heat and add the raisins and olives (if using).
8. Transfer the meat into a casserole dish and top with the hard- boiled eggs. Add the mashed potatoes. Spread it evenly and sprinkle with paprika.
9. Place in the oven and bake around 50 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the potatoes are browned.
10. Remove from oven and allow settling for about 15 minutes.
11. In a serving plate, slice and serve it as it is.